YOUR ONLINE BRAND CAN MAKE OR BREAK YOU
Wednesday, August 01, 2012
You may want to change your look
On a recent survey of HR managers over 70% said that they made decisions to hire or not hire base on the applicant’s online reputation. Do you know how you will be seen by your potential employer online? Is there another person with your name, that can be mistaken for you, whose online persona is not so good? Here are 5 ways to learn about and manage your online appearance.
1. Do a Google search of your name and look at the results on the first two pages.
2. Remove unsuitable comments from your social media profiles or make them private.
3. Email any websites, blogs or your Facebook and Twitter friends and kindly ask them to remove any unflattering comment
4. Open an account on a business social media site like LinkedIn.
5. Write a positive article about your field of interest on a blog or social bookmarking site where you will receive high marks.
Article by: 4blackyouth.com