Thursday, September 06, 2012
Yes. You Can!
The end of summer is here. Your friends are off to college, but you are not going. Perhaps you didn't want to go before, and now you do. You didn't fill out all of those crazy forms. You missed a few deadlines. You had some issues. Whatever. But now you're thinking, "There has got to be some way for me to get into college" There is! But you're going to have to get on it...like right now. Ready?
First, you must find a school that has your career interest and accepts late enrollments. Your best targets will be community colleges, state schools, HBCU's and online universities. We recently sat down with Executive Director of the Central State's Institute of Urban Education, Dr. Kaye Manson Jeter to learn what students must do to get enrolled now.
- Get your high school transcripts ASAP
- Get your ACT or SAT scores
- Complete the schools application
- If you've completed FAFSA application add new school's PIN so they can receive your financial information
- If you have not completed FAFSA go to the website (www.fafsa.ed.gov/)
- Meet with the admission officer for the college immediately
- Be aware that if you register late there may be additional fees
Go to the campus in person and ask (plead, if necessary) to get in.
Inquire about any late admissions programs or get online and start researching some of the choices of online universities. You may not want to be confined to a campus as
many accredited schools, such as Anna Maria College Online
among others, now offer online